Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Farewell, My Boss...

Last night, after I got home from my class, I checked my phone and realised that I have many emails to be read. Did a quick scan through the email subjects and one of them caught my attention. It was an email from my ex-colleague and the subject is the name of my ex-boss. Instinctively, I knew that something must have happened to my ex-boss. With a heavy heart, I opened the email only to confirm my fear. My ex-boss has passed away on 19 December 2010...

How did it happen? Why was I not informed earlier? Was it due to his kidney problem which I knew back in the time I worked for him in 1995? There was no answer to my questions...

Memories of the time I have spent with my ex-boss came flooding back. He was a wonderful boss, a caring and understanding boss. Never lost his cool and was always very patient with us. I remembered the time when my ex-colleague and I went to KL to have a short holiday, my ex-boss invited us to stay with him and even took the trouble to show us around KL. And that... was the last time I met up with him; the last I spoke to him. I recalled that I sent him an email to thank him for his hospitality after the trip, but how I regret that I did not put in the effort to keep in touch with him further from then on... On the positive side, I am grateful for those memories of my trip to KL, of the time I have spent with him. It just feels like there is something for me to hold on to, despite his departure from this world.

Farewell, my boss... I am sorry that I could not bid you farewell earlier. But I am sure we will meet again one day... in our Father's kingdom.

No comments: