Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Road to PMP Certification

Two weeks ago, I attended my first course in the last 4 years! (Yes, it's true!) It was a course that will help me attain my PMP Certification.

Here's some pic to show you what we have done during our course...

The project that my team wanted to implement is called Sea Paradise, an underwater hotel!

First, we have to create the Project Scope Statement for the Project. Together with that, we also have to include the Flexibility Matrix and the Major Deliverables.


Next, we have to decompose the work required to complete our project into 'Work Packages', this will create the Work Breakdown Structure. The WBS also include the duration & the PIC for the work. Sequence of the work packages is not important!


By right we should decompose further into activity level, but due to time constraint, we just use the work packages and arrange them into a Schedule Network Diagram (sequence diagram) and determine the Critical Path...


After determining the Scope and Time, we have to develop the Cost Breakdown Structure...


For every project, there is some amount of risk involved. So we need to determine the Risk Assessment Matrix!


After identifying the risk, of course we also have to work out a Risk Response Plan!


Tada! After all that work, there was hardly any space left on our classroom's wall...


This is certainly an interesting course. For those who are planning to go for PMP certification, remember to look for our trainer - Mr. Alan Puan. He has definitely helped us digest our syallbus really well! Two thumbs up for him!

8 comments:

letsclicktheshutter said...

Interesting... recently I've also attended this course, project management based on best practice of pmbok4... same steps as yours, but i think you have a more detail training.

Musical Notes said...

If you need any materials to help you pass the exam, do let me know!

Btw, I have passed my exam last Oct. :)

Mus5h said...

Hi .. i will attend this course .. hope u can help me for the materials for the exam. It's good to hear that u have passed the exam

Mus5h said...

Hi .. nice to came across ur blog. I will attend the course in a short time. Hope u can help me to find the material for this exams. By the way, its good to hear that u pass the exam :D

Nathaniel @ online pmp course said...

Your experience is quite amusing! You really had fun learning for PMP certification.

Thanks a lot for sharing this with us. Keep it up!

yadhav said...

I actually enjoyed reading through this posting.Many thanks.






PMP Certification Training

Musical Notes said...

Thank you very much for reading my blog. I hope you have enjoyed it. :)

shital said...


Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me.

PMP Certification