Thursday, March 6, 2008

GZ Trip Part 2 - Yummy Food

Every trip to Guangzhou always brings me lots of joy. It is not just the foot massage that fascinates me. The interesting variety of food you can find and how the dishes are prepared never fail to impress me!

Ok,ok... don't believe me right? Here's some pictures of the yummy dishes that I had in Guangzhou...



红烧狮子头



Raddish in soup



Huge pork ribs which you are supposed to eat with your hands
(plastic gloves provided!)




Pork cut into strip to be stuffed into the 'wrap'



Yummy dessert with red bean paste.

One thing to note though, the dishes served in Guangzhou do not come in various serving sizes. It is always served in one standard size regardless of how many people are having the meal together. And this creates a headache for us, as there are just a handful of us dinning together most of the time. We are so used to ordering a variety of dishes that we will always have lots of food left untouched after our meals. And this part, always leaves me feeling very guilty after a sumptuous dinner...


1 comment:

Terence said...

wa, the pork looks like worms la, scary sia