Saturday, August 23, 2008

Mystery Phone Call Part 2

Four days ago, I wrote about the mystery phone call which I have received back in end June. Well, the same caller, Liu Xiao Tong, called me on that day again.

She asked if I have attended that special event back in early July... Nope, I said. She went on to ask if I have watched the event live on TV... Nope, again I said. Oh! What a pity, you have missed out on an exciting event! Blah blah blah...

Finally, she came to the most important part... She asked if I remembered my lucky draw number... You must be kidding! I did not even believe that I would be given a chance to participate in a lucky draw for no good reason, why would I even remember the number?? Well... that part, I didn't really say it. ;-p

She went on to repeat my lucky number and then, she broke the unbelievable news to me... Miss, it is a pity that you did not watch the event that day, as you have won the 3rd prize! And the 3rd prize happened to be a car... A CAR??? Ha ha... Great, I bet she will go on to say that since I am in Singapore, the prize will be donated to charity...

As soon as the committee realised that the winner is a foreigner, they have converted that prize into its cash value and we will be sending you the amount thru mail soon... Har? Did I hear that correctly? Did she say I will be getting some money soon? Ha ha... All the more I am sure this is a scam. How can I be so lucky? And I have never been lucky before...

When I shared this piece of news with my colleagues, only one of them thinks it may be true. Well, do you? And will I really get that huge amount of money that the caller has said? I really do not know and do not think so.

If I do receive the letter, I will certainly share the news with you thru my blog. So, do look out for part 3 of this post. =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

when u received that call, did you actually slap urself to confirm whether u were in a super sweet dream? think you should do so lor

Musical Notes said...

Ha ha ha... anyway, I really don't think this thing is really gonna happen. So... no need to do that! =)

Anonymous said...

haha, be careful, these things happens until now. they even sent my real coupon and said that i won a honda jazz. they can duplicate the hypermarket logo and letters. all those things just a smooth criminal. They expected you to be so excited and before you can think clearly, you might transfer your money.

Musical Notes said...

Yes, that is what they are trying to do...

Make u so overwhelm by the fact that you have already won so much $$, that you are willing to risk loosing some money just to get what you have won!