Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Black Out!

In my previous post, I talked about the plus side of having a minor surgery - 30 days of MC to catch up on all the shows which you have always wanted to watch. But come on, no pain no gain, right? I went through quite a bit on the 1st day of MC - the SURGERY!

After my colleague returned from her MC, she began describing the surgery to me. She said that the anti-biotics which the doctor has prescribed caused her to vomit; the laxative is so salty that it is difficult to drink and she felt so weak after the surgery that she slept for quite a while. Oh my! I will have to go through the same thing!

The day before the surgery came... surprisingly, I had no reaction to the anti-biotics! But silly me, I ate 2 pills at one go when I should have taken them one at a time! And the laxative was ok, difficult to drink, but ok... wait a minute... I got to go to the ladies... In the end, I think I visited the toilet at least 20 times between 4pm and 12 midnight.

Finally, on that faithful morning, as I laid down on the bed while they wheeled me to the operating theatre(OT), I wondered why all the people working in the hospital are asking me the same question. "Did you remove your the jewellery, watch ...?" "Are you wearing dentures?" Blah Blah Blah... Oh, when is the surgery ever going to start?

Just as I was complaining in my heart, I was being pushed into this huge, white room. I looked around... hang on a second, how come this OT doesn't have a viewing gallery where other doctors can come and watch operations being performed? They have that in Grey's Anatomy and Lost too. And what is this doctor injecting into my hand? Must have been the anesthetic. But why is it making my hand so painful? Oh, here comes the thing which I am supposed to breath into. Heard from my colleague that it will make me black out. Yes, everything looks so groggy to me... hey doctor, my hand is painful... ...


Where am I? Where am I? Why am I making all these weird noises when I am trying to talk? Are they asking me to shift to another bed when I am so weak and hardly conscious? Is that my doctor calling my name? ... ...

Finally, after 4 hours of struggle, I managed to regain my consciousness. I am talking sense again! Phew! I made it! The surgery is over! Yeah! Please don't ever make me BLACK OUT again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So drama lehh!! :p u watched too much Grey's Anatomy liaoz! or E.R.!! *lolz*